Thursday, September 08, 2005

RIP "The Light of Reason"

Arthur Silber has written a blog entitled, "The Light of Reason" over the past three years. I'm not linking to it because the blog will go dark in a week. He's throwing in the towel, very poor, sick, and very discouraged. This is too bad, because he has quickly become one of my favorite blogs.

He wrote three of the best essays I have EVER read about current circumstances and politics. I'll link them here, but if you're interested in reading them you'd better get to it....they'll be gone soon. I for one am going to keep copies.

Here
, here and here. But beware. These are in-depth essays that lay bare some disturbing currents in the body politic. It's not easy reading on many levels.

If you're really curious about why he's quitting, go here....but you'd better do it soon.

I'll really miss Arthur, and I hope life is better for him a bit down the road.

2 Comments:

At 11:38 PM, Blogger Jage said...

Sad, he did run a thoughtful blog which I enjoyed reading. His final message, however, has some scary underlying tones to it...hope I'm just overly suspicious...

 
At 8:43 AM, Blogger greyhair said...

I know. He's intense. I hope he's ok. He's complained of illness in the past.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Site Counter
eXTReMe Tracker