Tuesday, October 04, 2005

News Conference


I was unlucky enough to turn on my morning television viewing to our esteemed President giving a news conference. I've done a pretty good job over the past 5+ years of avoiding real live exposure to this guy. Reading about him is nauseating enough. I'm not sure if I can recover for the rest of the day from the morning trauma.

Anyway, aside from the numerous disagreements I may have on issues, how did this guy get to be President? I mean seriously. He really can't put together more than two sentences that are coherent. He's so obviously coached and he STILL can't do it. He's living proof that literally anyone can be President. Watching him is like watching someone with no rhythm keep beat.

UPDATE: Atrios watches with the mute on and gets the meta message.

2 Comments:

At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Living proof that anyone can be president came home to me the day Ronald Reagan got elected. Hey, if ya' look good and can read yer lines - the American public will vote you in. Admittedly, Bush has taken this to a new level. It doesn't shock me that there's a guy like Bush - what shocks me is that half the public voted for him.

I noticed the weird jaw tic that Atrios mentioned. Can't help wondering if these facial tics aren't side effects from some medicine he's on.

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger greyhair said...

I've wondered about that too. There is the rumor he's drinking again.

Or he's just a moron...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Site Counter
eXTReMe Tracker