Friday, December 23, 2005

Closed For Xmas

I ran across this letter to the editor from the local paper of the town that I used to inhabit:
Church closure is one version of a nightmare

I had a dream the other night. In this dream I was standing in front of a church and on the front door of this church was a simple sign of three words, "Closed for Christmas." I shook my head sadly, turned, and as I walked away Satan laughed.
This brief was interesting to me for two reasons. First, it's just the kind of letter you'd find in this part of the bible-belt of California. But second, this reader apparently doesn't get around much. It's been reported widely that many of the "mega-churchs" around the country have opted to close for Christmas day.

I guess Satan has invaded the thinking of those local pastors.

1 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

The note on the door should have read
"I'm out there"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Site Counter
eXTReMe Tracker