Thursday, September 01, 2005

Rebuild?

Click Image to enlarge

I ran across this today from AmericaBlog:

"Kick em when they are down. Just what they need to hear from the Speaker of the House:

Lawmakers have to ask themselves if it’s worth sinking possibly billions of federal dollars into rebuilding New Orleans, a low-lying city which would remain a vulnerable hurricane target even after clean up, House Speaker Dennis Hastert said Wednesday.

“It doesn’t make sense to me,” said Hastert during an interview with the Daily Herald editorial board. “And it’s a question that certainly we should ask.”


Is he speaking for the entire GOP?"
I generally agree with most of what is posted by the crew at John Aravaosis's site. But in this case, I gotta disagree. I think it's a good question that should be throught out carefully.

Perhaps the timing of the statement was a little ..... ah .... insensitive?

But I think it's a good question that was raised in some detail here as well. It's hard to imagine, and probably pretty unlikely, particularly since the poorest people have had their homes destroyed anyway, while the wealthier interests have more to lose.

But if I were King we'd take a close look at the possibility.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Counters
Site Counter
eXTReMe Tracker